Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween to fellow Puzzlers Everywhere! 

There's nothing quite like opening a new box of puzzles. Everything from the way the cellophane slides off the box and crinkles in one's hand to the the way the pieces sound as you awaken them from their slumber brings untold excitement. 

In the past, when I opened a new box of puzzles and found pieces stuck together, I would separate them. Yes, I would separate them. I was a die hard puzzler and I didn't like freebies even when they were staring at me in the face. Recently, I came across a philosophical quote that made me think about my approach. It's a quote from Aristotle who said,


"The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but 
their inward significance."

I don't know why, but ever since reading that quote something inside me clicked. When I now see a box of puzzles, I try to see it for its "inward significance". For me, that puzzle came to me just so - all those connected pieces I used to discard in the past, I now see as a "gift".  Now when I see connected pieces, I see them as being "lucky" as opposed to being "annoyances" as I might have seen them before. As in life, when luck comes your way, hold onto it and don't let go!!

MAY THE PIECES BE WITH YOU 
ALWAYS


1 comment:

  1. Hi Puzzle Diva,

    I came upon your blog in my quest for Picture-Puzzle Enthusiasts.

    I am part of a team of puzzle creators and we've just developed our first picture puzzle for the iPad (it's called Bigsaw Designer) It has a unique tap-based gameplay that provides a different twist to jigsaw. It's also a picture-puzzle maker that allows you to import and store up to 10,000 custom picture-puzzles.

    As you love picture-puzzles, I'll be glad if you checked it out on the app store.

    Thanks for your time,

    Warm Regards,
    Shafali
    http://shafali.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete